Order Rice in Kuala Lumpur!
In Malaysia, rice comes in as many varieties and forms as you can imagine. With its vibrant cultures and cuisines, it’s no wonder that Malaysians never tired of eating rice almost every day. In fact, Nasi Lemak, a rice dish served with sambal, egg and fried anchovies, is the most popular local dish in the country. No doubt, as a child, cooking rice with a rice cooker is one of the earliest things you learn. Now, with foodpanda delivery, you can enjoy a plethora of rice dishes from cuisines all over the world delivered to your door. From local classics to exotic flavours from around the world, the options are limitless.
Best Rice Delivery Places – Explore new flavours
Rice is a simple, versatile ingredient that stands out due to its simplicity. Many cultures have incorporated rice into their meals, and the unique cooking style and flavours make it a wonder to explore. These popular dishes include Nasi Kerabu, Japanese Donburi (rice bowls), claypot rice, chicken rice, Nasi Biryani and more. Try out new varieties of cuisines, featuring the staple food, rice!
Economy Rice – Budget eats
When it comes to lunch or dinner, a hawker stall selling economy rice is an affordable meal for most Malaysians. It is also known as mixed rice, nasi campur, chap fan or nasi kandar (Mamak-style mixed rice). At first glance, it may even look like a buffet with many dishes, including meat, vegetables, fish and seafood. By choosing different combinations of dishes with your rice, you’ll never be bored with the affordable and versatile economy rice.
Healthy Rice Meals & Dishes
Looking for healthier alternatives while satisfying your cravings for rice? We recommend trying brown rice, basmati rice and parboiled rice, to name a few. The key to a healthier diet is moderation. Balanced portions of food groups such as vegetables and proteins can go a long way to keeping your body in good health.
More About Rice in Kuala Lumpur
What are the most popular rice dishes in Kuala Lumpur?
- Claypot Chicken Rice: This one-pot meal is popular among Chinese communities in Malaysia. Traditionally, the dish is prepared in a clay pot, but it is commonly prepared using an electric rice cooker as well. This fragrant rice dish is cooked with mushroom, Chinese sausages and egg.
- Nasi Ayam Hainan: Literally means, Hainanese chicken rice. This rice dish is served with poached chicken, chicken rice soup and aromatic rice.
- Kimchi Fried Rice: Similar to its namesake, the fried rice is cooked with kimchi. The dish is made by stir-frying rice along with seasoning, vegetables, meat and kimchi. Its unique flavour and colouring make for an appetising meal.
- Nasi Kukus: Literally means, steamed rice. This rice dish originated from the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia and is more than meets the eye. It is popular due to the combination of fluffy steamed rice with gulai (stew or curry) and fried chicken.
- Nasi Kerabu: Identified by its blue-tinted rice, the nasi kerabu is a dish originating from Kelantan, Malaysia. It can be served with various side dishes like fried chicken, fish crackers, pickles, sambal, fermented fish paste and stuffed chillies.
Can I order rice in Kuala Lumpur online?
Looking for affordable and quick rice meals? Stuck in traffic? Get your favourite rice dishes on foodpanda, and we’ll deliver them to your location. Try it for yourself today below.